I eat a heck of a lot more than that in one sitting.
Last Thursday I forgot to take Caralie to preschool, so to make up for it I offered to take her to the playground at the mall. You should have seen her get all dolled up. What a girl. She put on her Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet, her pretty purple headband, and even put on "lips" (chapstick).
She had "the mostest" fun playing with all the kids at the playground. I didn't take any photos for fear of upsetting any paranoid parents. She made friends with a little girl and they chased each other around the playground for a good 30 minutes. By that time it was 12:30 pm and I was hungry, so I suggested we eat at the food court. Little did we know that we would meet with the ultimate celebrity:
I think Caralie has a crush on the Cow. Is there a law against human-bovine dating? Maybe he can get us some free nuggets.
When we came home, Caralie got on PBSkids.org and made a Panwapa version of herself. Panwapa is a show on some PBS stations that is a hybrid of Sesame Street. It's actually a collaboration between the creators of Sesame Street and the Merill Lynch Foundation focused on teaching children to be global citizens.
When we came home, Caralie got on PBSkids.org and made a Panwapa version of herself. Panwapa is a show on some PBS stations that is a hybrid of Sesame Street. It's actually a collaboration between the creators of Sesame Street and the Merill Lynch Foundation focused on teaching children to be global citizens.
To learn more about Panwapa visit pbskids.org. Select "All Shows" and then select "Panwapa." Your child can make a Panwapa version of his/herself including a home, favorite activities, and global location. There is a link for parents and educators as well.
Well, to round out this post with one more oddity, I shall expose something that preschool-age men everywhere have always wondered. What's in a girl's purse? Caralie gave me permission to share the contents of her Dora the Explorer hand bag:
Well, to round out this post with one more oddity, I shall expose something that preschool-age men everywhere have always wondered. What's in a girl's purse? Caralie gave me permission to share the contents of her Dora the Explorer hand bag:
As you can plainly see, every preschool-age woman cannot do without the following essential items:
1 coin purse full of change
1 pair of Dora sunglasses
1 Hello Kitty compact (obtained by purchasing a Happy Meal at McDonald's)
2 Kool-aid flavored chapsticks
1 kitty refrigerator magnet
1 bouncy ball
1 Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet set
1 pink watch (obtained by eating a box of some obscure sugary cereal)
1 pink Barbie shoe
There you go, men. The universe didn't implode, time didn't stand still, the world did not dissolve into utter chaos. The contents of our purses are no longer shrouded in mystery.
How boring.
4 comments:
Man, you make being on a diet hard by posting huge, mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies and then that very scrumptious looking pumpkin ice cream! I want to run to the store RIGHT NOW and get some!!! And your post was not boring...it was clever. So much better than the norm! :)
By the way, did you find the other comment I left?
Sorry, I am working on a low-fat, low-sugar dessert that I will post if it turns out to be any good. Cross your fingers!
As for your comment, I did finally find it - I had to "moderate" it and change my settings temporarily to read it and publish it. This blog stuff is nuts!
Thanks for all the nice complements, they are appreciated.
That was the most comical blog entry I've ever read. Thanks for sharing the contents of Caralie's purse! And by all means, please post your delicious treats on Bon Apetite! Everyone can use a scrumptious, low-cal, low-fat dessert. I think we're all working on our girlish figures. :c)
i am so glad you started a blog! i love the way you write, and i love hearing about all of the things you guys are doing. also, it's awesome that you're incorporating recipes. i have a food blog that i never post to anymore, and you're inspiring me to get that started back up after we move.
this post was so hilarious! i can't believe caralie looks older than when i last saw her. she's so adorable. the purse thing was awesome!
miss you guys!
Post a Comment