I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Preschool

**(I'll warn you that this is a LONG post. Mostly, I'm trying to get my family caught up on Caralie's adventures in preschool.)

Caralie started preschool in September. She goes to a woman in our ward who does preschool in her home. Her name is "Miss Kara" and she is wonderful! Here is Caralie on her first day:

My grown-up baby!


Her backpack - such a girl.

That day they made hand-prints:

"Here are my hands with 10 fingers in all
My first mark in school to hang on the wall
As the years go by, I'll remember and say
My hands and I had a great first day"

Caralie came home and announced that preschool was the mostest fun in the universe and in the world and in the city. Then, Color Days began. Every day was a different color. The kids made up a Color Book with scraps of paper, pictures, etc., that we parents scrounged up. Caralie just brought the finished book home today:


RED DAY:

Wearing the only red thing she had - an
old family reunion shirt.


They made Clifford: The Big, Red Dog


Her RED color page.

ORANGE DAY:

Cindy Circle


Her ORANGE color page.

YELLOW DAY:

Tommy Triangle


Mr. School bus.


Her YELLOW color page.


We made lemon cake mix cookies to
celebrate Yellow Day.


Sugar fingers!

GREEN DAY:

Striking a pose.


Sandy Square


The GREEN color page.

BLUE DAY:

Ricky Rectangle


The BLUE color page.


They made blue play dough. Uncle Clint helped
Caralie make this "snake."

PURPLE DAY:

They made grapes with crayons and construction
paper circles - so cute! You'll notice that Hannah
got taken along for Show and Tell.


Her PURPLE color page.

BLACK & WHITE DAY:

The shirt says it all - we had a rough morning.
They made apples with accordion-like worms.


Her typical reaction to preschool.


The BLACK & WHITE color page.
I know, Chad ... black is the absence of color...

PINK & BROWN DAY:

Wearing her new pink shirt from Nani.


Pink pigs with brown finger-print spots.


Ollie Oval


The PINK & BROWN page.


Okay, so that gets you caught up on the Color Days of preschool. Now they are on the alphabet. Today Caralie wore her ghostie socks:

Check out the pasty legs! I know, she looks like
a tourist, but it's hot today so I put her in shorts.
Poor baby, a fashion faux pas at only 4!


They made bear puppets. I guess they are on the
letter B. Last week she made an alligator for A.

So that's it for now. I'm tired of uploading photos!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This post was so fun...I guess it's the teacher in me! But preschool/elementary school days were just the best, and it brings back fond memories! Caralie is such a cute girl, and I love how you fix her hair all different ways!