I've tried to sign in to be an author on the family recipe blog http://famousfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/ without luck (I have notified blogger of the problem and am waiting for a solution). So I will post this recipe here first - the first of many to follow as I LOVE to cook. Sorry, I don't have a photo for this one, but this is my absolute favorite potato salad (and I don't like potato salad).
LOADED POTATO SALAD
6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup real bacon bits or chopped, cooked bacon
ground black pepper to taste
In a large pot, place potatoes and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain, then cool potatoes in fridge.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Fold in the potatoes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be garnished with a sprinkling of cheese, bacon bits, and chopped green onions.
No comments:
Post a Comment