Sunday, October 5, 2008
Desert Botanical Gardens
Caralie and I visited the Desert Botanical Gardens in Tempe while they had a butterfly exhibit. This was back in April, I believe? We took a lot of photos of the interesting specimens they have planted throughout the gardens. Next year we will go in March because the wildflower exhibit is more abundant...we hit it after it's peak. I'll warn you, there are A LOT of photos in this post!
This little boy sat patiently for about 5 minutes until this Buckeye butterfly eventually crawled onto his fingers!
The hill in the background looks like a giant pumice stone. The yellow tree to the right is a Palo Verde. The bark of this tree is green (hence the name) and the yellow flowers are in bloom in the spring.
Caralie standing inside a piece of art. The artist made large bird's nests out of willow branches. There were 3 or 4 of these huge things bunched together on the wildflower trail.
The one shady spot. It was about 15 degrees cooler under this tree. The water fountain and pond helped!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
First off, Chanelle, you crack me up! The boobie cactus, giant artichoke, and baboon's butt had me laughing! Caralie is adorable in the very first picture at the Botanical Gardens (she's adorable in all of them, just EXTRA adorable in that one!). Thanks for sharing pictures of the Arizona scenery...there sure is some neat stuff there! And lastly, you have some great posts so far...keep it up!
P.S. I'm setting up my very OWN blog as we speak! haha
I am so glad you started a blog. I love reading what you write and how you write it. It reminds me of the "Jane and Spot" letters I use to get in highschool. Which, nerdily I still have!? I am so thankful to have you as my friend. I sure miss ya!!
Yeah, you started a blog!! I'll be sure to put a link on my blog to yours so I can check up on you guys. :) I watched those videos of Carilee (sp?) dancing...so cute!!! I'll call you this week so we can get together hopefully soon!
Hey, I'm glad I found your blog! I love keeping up with people through the blog-o-sphere. You and your daughter are beautiful.
Post a Comment