I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Recipe - LIME CHEESECAKE PIE

Okay, before any of you complain that all I post is high fat, high sugar recipes, take a look at this one. It is easily adapted by using fat free cream cheese and fat free sweetened condensed milk. Use lite Cool-Whip and you've got a diet-friendly dessert! In fact, the one you see pictured was made with these adaptations. I'll warn you - without a lot of fat, this is a very soft pie. And make sure your cream cheese is fully softened or you'll have trouble incorporating it into the other ingredients. I also used only about half of the Cool-Whip called for.


LIME CHEESECAKE PIE

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 inch) shortbread or graham cracker crust
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk, lime juice, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or over night. Spread with whipped topping.


Caralie LOVES this pie. "Mom I love all of this pie. You make the bestest pie." She helped me put on the Cool-Whip.

My little helper.



Didn't she do a good job?


This is a really light and yummy dessert and it's cheap and easy to make. Woo hoo! Score!

No comments: