Unfortunately, we now live in one of the hottest states in the nation and a furry Care Bear costume would probably turn into a sauna before long. I warned Caralie that such a costume would probably be too hot, but she didn't agree. Just in case, I said, what would you like to be if we can't find a Care Bear costume? Her answer? A chicken. (????)
Well, we went to Target (the store where we'd found Care Bear costumes in the past) and guess what? No Care Bears. No chickens. What now?
"How about Ariel?" I asked. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Oops, no Ariel costumes in her size (that were under $30 at least). So off to Kohl's we went. And guess what? One last Ariel costume in her size on sale! And, I was the lucky recipient of a 30% off coupon when I used my Kohls card, so we got it for a screamin' deal. Mom's happy. Caralie's happy. Life's good.
While we were at Kohl's, Caralie got excited about a set of mannequins in the girl's department. "They have HEADS!" she said, and requested to be photographed with them. My child is special.
I thought I'd post Caralie's past Halloween costumes, so everyone can marvel at her cuteness. I'm not biased in any way...
2nd costume - Elmo. My mom helped me make this costume.I guess I didn't really need to make the hat -
with her bucket, she could've been Headless Elmo.
Here's to hoping that this Halloween she will be healthy and whole and that Arizona will not experience an unseasonable frost!

No comments:
Post a Comment