I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, October 31, 2008

The Making of a Hippie

Late last night Chad decided he wanted to make bell-bottoms out of the polyester jeans he'd bought for his hippie costume. Of course! Anything to drive me crazy! He offered to do it "himself" -- hah, hah -- but I can't fall asleep until he's in bed (and you know he'd be up until 3 AM if he tried), so I decided to do it.

**sigh**

Here's some footage of me slaving away:

Cutting out the batting to make the fabric stiff.


Pinning to get ready to stay-stitch.


Stay-stitching.


The finished product.
Would've looked better if he'd bought jeans that fit!


The hippie.
Or, as Caralie says it, "the hip hop."


He got a lot of, "Hey! John Lennon!"
One weird guy at work thought he was Jesus.
Riiight.

I'm happy because tomorrow the beard is GONE. He wimped out on the mutton-chops thing once he realized most hippies just wore simple beards. Thank heaven for small miracles. I think I might have experienced nightmares...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You're amazing Chanelle! You can do anything, huh?!