We have been in Arizona since January of this year. Coming from the humidity and greenery of Georgia to the dry heat and desert of Arizona was quite a shock! I am learning to appreciate the beauty of the desert.... I thought I'd share some photos that Caralie and I took this past spring around the neighborhood. There are some interesting plants here that you don't see in the East.

This is Stetson, who lives across the street.

Chad and Caralie feeding Stetson various vegetables.

An Arizona sunset. This is not the time of day to drive west!

This is George - a little prairie dog that hangs out in our backyard.

Another desert sunset.

Gigantic grapefruit from the tree in the backyard.

I just like this bush. It looks funky.

Caralie showing off the roses from down the street.

The "Mommy and the Baby" cactus.

Indian Bottlebrush.

Bougainvillea.

Don't know what this is called, but Caralie and I call it the "Lipstick Cactus."

A giant artichoke?

Prickly Pear - they actually make candy and jelly out of this.

This looks like it belongs underwater in a coral reef!

Caralie and I call this the "Boobie Cactus."
In my next post, I'll show you photos that Caralie and I took at the Desert Botanical Gardens. They have even more interesting stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment