I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Copper Mines

Caralie and I had a misunderstanding today (sorry to Wendy, who has already heard this story). She came up and asked me if I knew what copper mines were. Here's how the conversation went:

Caralie: "Mommy, do you know what copper mines is?"

Chanelle: "Copper mines?"

Caralie: "No. Copper mines."

Chanelle: "Copper mines?"

Caralie: "NO! COPPER MINES!"

Chanelle: "Well copper mines are where they get copper to make pennies."

Caralie: "NO! NOT COPPER MINES! C-O-P-P-E-R M-I-N-E-S."

Chanelle: "Uh..."

Caralie: "Okay. Com - per - mines. Understand?"

Chanelle: "OH! COMPROMISE?!"

Caralie: *sigh* "Yes."

Chanelle: "Well, it means...uh...it means..."

Caralie: "It means sharing or taking turns. I learned that on Tigger and Pooh."

Chanelle: "Oh. Okay. Thanks."

Caralie: "You're welcome."

5 comments:

The Coxclan said...

Hey Cuz,
I have been reading your blogs nonstop everyday and I love them. Thanks for posting all the time, it's awesome. I just have to tell you, you have the cutest kid ever. She is gorgeous. You guys did good. Keep posting. Love you.
Heidi

Vanessa said...

LOVED IT! Classic...

By the way, I know I'm on private so if you want to be added to my VIP list to view my blog, email me at mamaquan at gmail dot com. :c) It's only fair, right?

The Muries said...

That is awesome!!! Kids are so funny. I swear they come up with the cutest things to say. (I swear there is nothing that gets to Isaac quicker then us not understanding what he is trying to tell us.) Dang cute though. Your daughter is a smart one.

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh! It's still hillarious the second time around...no need for an apology. THAT cracks me up!

Carlia said...

i love conversations with kids when they are trying to explain something and they get so frustrated because us dumb parents dont' get it at all.