I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not how I wanted to spend my day

Spent 6 hours in the ER today with severe chest pain in the right side of my chest. Those who read my blog regularly may recall that I have lung trouble and today was no exception. It was definitely not a pneumothorax because I could breathe okay and it didn't feel the same. It definitely wasn't costochondritis, like the last time because it didn't really feel like that either.

I've been having chest pain for about 2 weeks now and trying to ignore it. It's made life quite miserable. I'm constantly fatigued and can't sleep well because of the pain. I've been afraid that my lung was weakening and this pain was a precursor to another collapse, so that anxiety has not helped. I'm tired and frustrated and not very fun to live with. In fact, I put myself in "time out" last night because I was being so short with Caralie. Poor kid.

It all started coming to a head yesterday afternoon after I was unsuccessful in trying to get a hold of a doctor that is supposedly in my insurance network that is not only an internist, but also specializes in pulmonary diseases. She is a ghost, I think.

So I'm Primary Care Physician-less and in pain and my nerves are shot. And this afternoon the pain got worse so my mom-in-law, Cindy, took me to the ER. After 6 hours, 3 chest x-rays, 2 blood tests, one urine test, and one CT scan all they could come up with was pleurisy. Then Chad and I went on a wild goose chase trying to find a 24-hour pharmacy (4th time's the charm). And the pain medicine is doing diddly but making me feel a little loopy and MORE tired.

This post sounds really downer...and I am annoyed and frustrated, but I've also had a lot of positive feelings lately. I have to say after meeting Stephanie Nielson, my perspective on life is changing - and for the better. And I've been inspired and excited by all the fun crafty stuff I'm finding online. There seems to be a reawakening of creativity, at least out here in the West. And I'm all for creativity. It gets my blood pumping.

So, I think I'm all over the place here...I probably shouldn't write stuff when I'm on pain meds. But I just wanted to vent. You know?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Chanelle, I'm so sorry you are in pain and having trouble breathing. I wish I could take it from you.
I'm proud of you and the wonderful projects you are creating. I love you and will pray for you and your sweet family.