
I had her when I was a kid and I loved, loved, loved that dress! And now she's coming back into circulation. Only problem is this time around she's $45!
Seeing her got me thinking about my other 80's Barbies. I swear the Barbies from that decade were superior to the Barbies now. The dresses were better made and more fabulous, very feminine and just exciting to play with!
Remember this one?
She glowed in the dark. She also came with a pink umbrella that you could attach her wrap to to make it frilly. SO. CUTE. Loved her.I never personally owned the next one but she inspired my desire to change my name:
Crystal Barbie. After meeting her, I wanted to be named Crystal so bad. And can you blame me? She's fantastic. I eventually got the dress from a friend of mine that moved past the Barbie stage before I did and I wore that thing out!I don't remember owning this one either, but I'm pretty sure my friends did:

Dream Date Barbie and her chameleon dress. You could style it several different ways. The pink and purple just pop. I want to play with her right now!
This one is not frilly, but I'll never forget her purple eyeshadow and sparkly pink leggings:

Barbie and the Rockers! She came with a cassette tape of Barbie and the Rockers songs that I would sing along to like a rockstar. I think I also had her politically correct African American friend as well...in an orange outfit? Don't you just love the "boots?" Essentially high heeled pumps with pull over leg warmers. I do remember her hair being extremely curly, as should be expected from the perm era.
Anyway, there are more out there, but those were at the top of my list. Thought I'd take y'all on a trip down memory lane.
But aren't I right? Weren't the Barbies better back then?
Except maybe for this looker:
The 2009 edition Barbie. Did you know Barbie turns 50 this year?She must've had work done....
3 comments:
Oh my goodness!! Peaches and Cream Barbie was the best EVER!! I was SO in love with that doll. I still get little heart flutters just thinking about her! :)
And yeah, the new one? Total face lift + botox!
Thanks for the laugh!
I just loved Barbies too! I also had an African American Barbie. She had a beautiful yellow gown and came with a star pedistal to put her on. She was one of my favorites. And I got the glow in the dark one as a hand-me-down and was exstatic! I also had the Barbie hot tub...that thng was a blast. I can't believe my brave mother let me have it AND allowed me to play with in the house!
Please excuse my typos in the previous comment. That's what happens when you're typing one handed while holding a sleeping baby. :)
Post a Comment