Now I am the proud owner of this adorable fabric:

For some reason it reminds me of my great-grandmother Grover. I can't for the life of me figure out why. I saw it in the shop a few months ago and just loved it. The fact that it was still there today MEANT that I was supposed to have it. Right? I'm going to make it into an apron for myself. Cindy says I need to make it in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas when I cook up a storm...she's probably right. But in addition to all the OTHER handmade gifts I'm doing for Caralie and others this season, I've now also got this (as of today):

It's a charm pack of the new Me and My Sister Design's line Birdie. 42 squares of super cute fun. The colors remind me of an Easter basket: chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. I'm going to turn this thing into one of these:

A gathered skirt with jumbo rick-rack! (See a cute example here.) And I bought a fat quarter to go with it because I needed 6 more squares. So, with the left over fabric, I'm going to applique a flower or bird design on a white knit top to go with the skirt, Heather Bailey style. How cute is that?
WHEN am I going to do this you ask?
Uh, I don't know. What do you care? I'm living in my happy dream world at the moment and you can't bring me down!
3 comments:
rock on Chanelle!
I live in a happy scrapbooking dream world ALL the time. Maybe that's why I'm still not past Tyler's birth pages! haha
all of this is awesome! i'm kind of partial to the kitty print though...reminds me of some cats i know!
Post a Comment