
It's adjustable, too. The straps run through casings in the bib, so we can make the neck longer or shorter as needed. And don't you love the cupcake print? I do!

What's even more awesome is I got the pattern for 99 cents and the fabric for $3.12 since it was a return.
If you are interested in making one, the pattern is Simplicity #2555. It calls for 7/8 of a yard of fabric. If you rearrange the pattern pieces and don't make pockets you can make it with 5/8, like I did. Simplicity patterns go on sale at Joann, Etc. all the time. In fact, I think next week they are on sale for $1.99.
If you make one, I recommend using double fold bias tape to cover the gathers. And then stitch it to the bib. (Unless you're lucky and have a serger.) Less mess that way:

And you could always use heavy ribbon (like grosgrain) for the straps instead of making them to save time.
Anyway, I have to be careful that Caralie doesn't see my blog for a while... I hate putting this apron away somewhere until Christmas. It's so cute! Luckily, Auntie Heather sent Caralie a gingerbread man apron last year, so she can use that until then.
Oh, and I finally finished my sister's birthday present (almost 2 months late). But I can't post photos until she gets it. And she can't get it until I send it. And I can't send it until I find a box and get to the darn post office.
Life is so hard.
3 comments:
that apron is adorable! would you make more if i paid you? you should really start your own business. you have a sewing talent...i'm serious!
Maybe...are you thinking of Christmas gifts? Not 100% sure I could get them done in time for you, but if you're okay with them coming later I'd be happy to!
Very cute choice of fabric! I can't wait to see pictures of Caralie wearing it while "cooking up a storm" with you in the kitchen!
Post a Comment