I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Thanksgiving Stuff...

The day before Thanksgiving:

Caralie Pilgrim.


Caralie Indian.


Caralie showing off her dress from Nani.


Her class made this lovely concoction for their Friendship Feast:

It contains the following:
  • Chex
  • Cheerios
  • M&Ms
  • Goldfish
  • Skittles
  • rainbow marshmallows
  • white chocolate chips
  • raisins
  • pretzels
Can you say...barf? I might've got on board but for the Skittles, Goldfish, and rainbow marshmallows which really have no place with the other ingredients. 5 year olds have no taste however and they all finished their bags by the end of the day. Barf.

A turkey between the eyes.

Caralie helped me prepare for The Day by assisting me in making a bunch of deviled eggs:

So happy to be photographed again.

That night I discovered that, once again, my bed had been "made:"


Then in the morning I found this on the bathroom sink:


Just look at all that lovely toothpaste. Makes the next photo not-so-delicious:



I made cinnamon rolls for Thanksgiving breakfast. I was disappointed yet again. They were too dry for my taste and I didn't add enough milk to the frosting so it was kinda ... thick. I froze a dozen of the rolls before rising, so next time around I'll try baking them a little less.

And can you believe I got no photos of Thanksgiving dinner? It was that good. No, actually it was. I still swear by cooking a turkey breast in the crockpot! Delish.

So that night, when Caralie was asleep I did a couple of things that she had been asking for:

I put up the tree ...


and the stockings ...


and attached this to the tree.


She was quite delighted in the morning, let me tell you.

I know because she told me.

At 6 AM.

1 comment:

CindyC.wannabequilter said...

FYI: Chanelle may not have been impressed with her cinnamon rolls, but the rest of us loved them!