I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Amazing Saturday

I found out last minute about Blissfest 2009 - a kind of mini artist market/festival thingie. I read about it on Heather Bailey's blog last night - too late to go to Friday's installment. But I was able to talk Chad and Caralie into going with me today and Cindy came along too. We were most interested in this booth:


Do you recognize those sillohettes on the balloons? I actually met and talked to these two amazing people:

And let me just say they are as amazing in person as one could expect. Kind, friendly, down-to-earth, and just plain inspirational. They are just the kind of people you wish you were friends with and could spend time with on a daily basis. And to top it all off, Stephanie told me she loves my hair! I don't have to tell you how that made my day. My year, actually. I managed to get all weepy at the end and pretty much embarrassed myself, but it was worth it to meet them.

I then spent a good 20 minutes checking out Heather Bailey's booth:


She wasn't there yet, herself, but I did get to speak with her wonderful husband. They both graduated from BYU - he in Photography and she in Fashion Design. He was joking that he is probably the only straight male who has an appreciation for women's handbags and shoes. He loves the elements of design! He is super-supportive of Heather and her work and gave me a brochure of her next fabric line, Nicey Jane. If any of you wondered, it is his favorite line so far.

I picked up a Fresh Picked pattern and some Pop Art fabric:

Looooove it!

I had to get a photo of the Phoenix Bulldog Rescue's booth:

And no, I did not pay for a smooch.


Cindy treated us all to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and Caralie was pooped by the time we got in the car to go home:

Her daddy is holding her head up so we don't have another episode of broken neck syndrome.


Tonight I got to spend some time with my first nephew, Mr. Kal:


He is 9 months old and HUGE! We gave him an ample supply of toys to play with, but his favorite thing of all was a gallon-size Ziploc bag (you can see it in the bottom right of the photo). He preferred to hold it up and shake it like crazy.


Here, he is playing with "dirt" from a Little People dumptruck. Boys and their dirt!


Over all, a very lovely day!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. You deserve it...especially after taking care of poor Caralie. I'm glad she's feeling better!
You look adorable by the way, and I love your shirt!

casi lea said...

that fabric is crazy cute!