Okay, now can you guess what I'm making:

I'm making two Barbie beds. I bought pre-cut craft wood and accents at the craft store and have been putting them together with wood glue. Chad did have to cut the headboards down to size for me, but otherwise these have been very simple to put together.
I have some 1-inch craft foam that I will cut into mattresses and cover with a fabric "fitted sheet." They will probably be glued in place. I'm painting the beds a creamy buttermilk color and will also paint some flowers on them as well. Then I'm making a bedspread for each one and some pillows. Yes, I'm crazy.
But speaking of things crafty, you should check out this week's challenge over at So You Think You're Crafty. The theme is "Green" and the crafters were free to interpret that any way they wanted. Some went for the color green and others chose to make earth-friendly projects. My favorite one is a fantastic gift idea for a little boy:

It stores 6 hot wheels cars ...

and is made out of daddy's old jeans ...

and rolls up into it's own carrying case!
There are also some adorable wallets made from ribbon scraps and grocery bags made from ... grocery bags. You need to check it out and vote for your favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment