I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Gift #2 ... check!

Okay, I'm not trying to annoy people, but I just have to share the fact that I'm actually COMPLETING projects! This is a new concept for me. Maybe putting my plans in a public space like my blog is just the kind of accountability I need to inspire me.

So tonight I made the ballerina pillowcase for Caralie:




I think it only took me an hour...? Maybe an hour and half. Ironing the fabric took the most time. The fabric had been stuffed in a plastic bag for a couple of years and the creases were heavy duty.

The only thing I don't like is the exposed seams inside. That will lead to some fraying and lint after the first couple of washes. Cindy says she has a pattern that uses French seams, so I'll try that next time I make a pillowcase.

Overall it's cute and I hope my picky kid likes it.

Now...what else was I gonna make?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great job Chanelle! That is still some of the cutest material I've ever seen!