I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Recipes

Some friends have asked me to post my Thanksgiving recipes. I'm only posting two of them because:

1. My green bean casserole is the Campbell's one.
2. My pumpkin pie is the Libby's one.
3. My stuffing is Stove Top.

I will be cooking two turkey breasts (no one here likes dark meat) in crockpots. It turns out very moist this way. Rub the breasts with salt and pepper and butter (under the skin). Put celery, onions, and carrots in the cooker as well to lend some flavor. One hour on high and at least 6 hours on low. That is for a thawed breast. If it's frozen, start it the night before and let it go until the afternoon.



CRANBERRY JELL-O SALAD

This is very simple, but my favorite. I got it from my mom-in-law, Cindy.

2 boxes cranberry or raspberry Jell-o
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 can crushed pineapple, drained

Dissolve Jell-o in 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Add 1 1/2 cups of cold water, pineapple, and cranberry sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until set.



SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE

I got this one from a lady I worked for (where I got the Whole Wheat Muffin recipe). She had so many amazing recipes!

3 cups cooked and whipped sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Topping:
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into a 2 quart shallow casserole dish.

Combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl and cut with a pastry cutter to make streusel-like topping. Sprinkle over potato mixture.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Delicious! I don't like sweet potatoes, but I like this! It's very rich.


And here's a bonus recipe. I made it tonight:


RANCH MARINATED CHICKEN

6 - 8 chicken breasts
1 packet (1 oz.) dry ranch mix
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)

Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size Ziploc. Marinate in fridge for 2 hours.

Grill.

So yummy!!!

4 comments:

Carlia said...

once again i am drooling. i should probably just wear a bib all the time during the holidays!

Wendy said...

Thank you Chanelle! I am printing them as we speak! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving...the dinner will be wonderful, I'm sure! :)

BRADY FAMILY said...

Hello domestic goddess...I have always been so impressed with you. Even when we were younger you were always sewing or cooking something yummy. I love all the recipes you post. You are AMAZING!!! I am drooling as I type just like Lia....love ya!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Thanks for sharing...in fact, I think we're going to try your Ranch Chicken on the grill tonight!!