On my way to Taco Bell for some nachos, ...
(What sort of masochistic bent must I have to even consider eating there, given that the food usually gives me a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge?)
... there were RAIN DROPS falling on my windshield. Rain drops! Could it be? We've actually had nice weather for a couple of days now: never getting above 95 degrees, a breeze, and cloud cover! Will the rain gods finally smile on us desert people?
Actually, I think they are just teasing me.
"Hey Chanelle! Remember rain? Well TOO BAD! You can't have any. Hahahahaha."
I don't actually hate Arizona, but it's no secret that I am not a desert person. I could live here for the rest of my life and still find happiness, but I much prefer green trees and rain and four seasons. And not the Arizona version of four seasons: Summer, Summerer, Summerest, and Swinter (summer+winter - because it's not winter if you can still wear flip flops!)
I miss rainy days and cold days when you don your sweatpants, make some hot cocoa (with a dash of cinnamon and chili powder), and curl up with a quilt and a good book. I miss the changing leaves in the fall.
I'm just grumpy. I need some rain to cheer me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment