
Okay so we have a temporary lapse in health insurance due to some stupid stuff so Chad can't get his nose reset and may have to postpone the surgery for his finger. But I don't care about him at the moment. I'm a little self involved...
Yesterday I woke up with a sore spot on my throat. It's on the left back of my throat and hurts like the devil every time I swallow. I thought maybe I slept with my mouth open or something and it would go away. But it didn't. Today it's worse and I sometimes have trouble talking (I sound a little raspy and hoarse). Not only that, but my left ear is achy inside and the lymph node in the left side of my neck is swollen and sore. And now I'm starting to get a headache...
So what is wrong with me? I can't go to a doctor so I'm asking all my friends in cyberspace to diagnose me. Please.
4 comments:
That sucks. I have no clue what you leave these loaded questions like what is wrong with you out there to mess with. Just kidding. I understand the insurance thing my husbands work cut it until the economy gets better and I just ended up in the ER and had way spendy testing done. It SUCKS!!!
Sounds like it could be a sinus infection. Any junk in your throat? Try warm emergen-c drink packets, or peppermint tea for your throat, along with ibuprofen to decrease the swelling and help with the pain. Try some otc ear drops for the ear ache. Change your tooth brush. If you don't take the emergen-c packets, take some vitamin c and zinc.
Or there's the whole gargling salt water or diluted hydrogen peroxide. Since it's so hot - get some popsicles to help soothe your throat.
If that doesn't work, it could be reflux. Stomach acid climbing it's way up. Take prilosec. Should clear up in a week or so.
If THAT doesn't work...let me know. I'll think a little harder.
Thanks Nurse Heather. I don't have any congestion so could it really be a sinus infection? I bought some Airborne Nighttime - it's hot so it soothes my throat. Also got some Chloroseptic, but that stuff is hit or miss, as in I may hit the spot that hurts or miss it!
When Chad gets home I'll head to the pharmacy for that Emergen-C stuff.
Yeah, this has happened to be a few times before. You usually get a headache with it too.
There is an easy home remedy - WATER and lots of it. I mean A LOT! You will need to pee about every 20 min but by the end of the day you will feel better.
Post a Comment