I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Official!

Caralie graduated today from her Sea Sprites class. She is now ...

A SEAHORSE!

This is a big deal for her. This means she will put her face in the water without having a major cow. Personally, I'm glad they reserved the name Seahorse for the 5-7 group. Not too long ago (and my family will vouch for validity) she would have proudly announced, "I'm a Sea Whore!" Thank heaven for small miracles.

Here is a video of her last swim as a Sea Sprite:



She's pretty much got the whole ice cream scoop+motor boat+blowing bubbles thing down!

What's been cracking me up lately is her reaction to getting out of the pool. The water has been cooler lately and it's only been in the high 80's to low 90's for the past week. But you'd think we lived in the arctic by the way she screams for her towel and curls up into the fetal position:

She's melting! MELTING!


It took some serious persuasion on my part to get her to take a picture with her teacher:


Dear, dear Teacher! You did such an awesome job and now I can't remember your name! Caralie never bothers with such trivialities as knowing someone's name so she's no help. Thank you for giving my little fish her ... fins?

2 comments:

Dave & Heather said...

I need to take the sea sprite class...I have a HUGE fear of sticking my face in water. My heart rate goes sky high every time I wash my face in the shower. I guess I was pulled under too many times trying to body surf, or getting knocked over by huge waves in hawaii. That, and I have a fear of the deep end of the pool. Especially the drain. Because I know if I swim anywhere close to it I know it will suck me in and I'll drown.
That...and there's sharks in the deep end.
I sound really mental.

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I'll blame it on preggie hormones. ;o)