Chad's hair looks weird in this photo ... oh well. At least he looks dapper in his lavender shirt and tie. Yes, I bought them and, yes, I do have ridiculously awesome taste, thank you.The Sheraton in Phoenix rocks guys. When we are older and richer, we will spend a long weekend there. They had complimentary valet service for our party, but the line was long since they were hosting 3 different functions that night.
Our ballroom was on the 3rd floor. We mingled with people and I finally got to put faces to the names I'd heard so much about. The food was fancy - I was tempted to bring the menu home so I could write it out here, word for word. I should have. We had iceberg wedges with feta, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, and bacon. Served with herbed ranch or balsamic vinaigrette. We were supposed to have a "choice" of rolls; instead the server just gave us arbitrary rolls. I ended up with a cranberry one while Chad got a coveted pretzel roll. Being the awesome hubby that he is, he shared it with me. You rock, Honeybunz!
Our main course was a duel entree: a petite beef filet with peppers de-glazed in red wine (yum yum yum), prawns with crab stuff (yuck yuck yuck), and mushroom risotto (yum again). Can you believe I actually ate not only asparagus, but also beets and brussels sprouts? Me neither. Being a grown-up is hard work. I think I may actually like brussels sprouts ... SHOCKER!
Luckily, there was a dessert buffet (read: lots of sugar to make up for the dinner's "fancy" portion sizes). We chowed down on cupcakes, fruit tarts, petit fours, cookies, and other lovely goodies.
Then the dancing commenced. I don't think Chad and I have danced since our wedding nearly 8 years ago! We got down with our bad selves. He's very good at twirling me around and he even dipped me a couple of times. I may have flashed the band but, with the spotlight behind me, they may have been spared the shock. We (ie: I + semi-reluctant husband) have decided that we are going to take dancing lessons next year in October and November so we'll be fresh for the next Christmas party. I wish it would hurry up and get here again. I had such an awesome time!


3 comments:
you two look great! and your hair is looking especially red in those pictures...
It is so wonderful to feel like adults now and then!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful night! And you look beautiful! Chad dresses up nicely...especially with YOU on his arm!! LOL
You look GREAT Chanelle (and Chad does too)! I'm glad you had so much fun! :)
Post a Comment