I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No Freakin Way

So what did I hear on the radio tonight? Mix 96.9 FM has "90's at 9:00" and they kicked it off with ....

THE SWEATER SONG!

Okay this means nothing to many of you, but my high school friends can appreciate it. When was the last time we heard this song? Man, it brought back some head-banging memories. We were so cool.

So, I did this once before but the computer crashed and I lost everything. I want to compile a list of our fav high school songs - especially songs that bring back memories. Here's a preliminary roster:

No Rain - Blind Melon
Shoop - Salt-n-Pepa
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
Under the Bridge -Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dust on the Bottle - David Lee Murphy
Strawberry Wine - Deanna Carter
Stay - Lisa Loeb
Looking Through Patient Eyes - PM Dawn

I know there's more but it's stinkin' late, so I'm not remembering everything. Please comment with any songs you remember!

2 comments:

Carlia said...

semi-charmed kind of life, anything from that day by Sugar Ray...your blog has been plaguing my conscience. i just need to look up music from that time period. Oh, REM was pretty big too. I actually met the lead singer when i went to school in Athens - random side note.

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I heard "I Love You Always Forever" by Donna Lewis today. That's a keeper. www.mix969.com has an anthology of 1990's music.