I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a beautiful day. I spent it cooking.

Funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, cranberry jell-o salad, stuffing, etc. My sister-in-law, Celisse, made lasagna for those who were not interested in the Honey Baked Ham and turkey.


After the sun went down...


we went to a family party.


Caralie sat on Santa Max's lap and got some awesome gifts + a teddy bear. She had to wait until all the cousins had received their gifts before she could open hers. A video of that is farther on down below.


She got a stamp set and candy from "Santa" Max and Karen


Even Chad and I got in on the action.


Poor Santa Max. I think I cut off all the blood to his right leg.



It's finally time to open her gift from Santa. What can it be?


Caralie is so happy to get her Dora Umbrella!


Cousin Shari made this awesome plaque for Caralie's room. I just wish the flash hadn't washed it out.

Everyone exchanged gifts with each family. I made marinated pretzels (recipe at bottom of post). We received homemade salsa, fudge, cookies, lollipops and hot cocoa, a crocheted nativity, a memory box, the short story A Candle in the Window with an accompanying candle, a personalized soap dispenser, and a cast iron "magic key" that enables Santa to enter the house in a proper manner.

Thanks to all the family for their thoughts and gifts! What a wonderful evening!


MARINATED PRETZELS

1 (15 oz) bag mini pretzel twists
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 (1 oz) package dry ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place pretzels in 13x9 (or larger) baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk oil, ranch, garlic powder and dill until well blended. Pour over pretzels. Stir to coat.

Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.

Let cool before serving or storing in an air-tight container.

1 comment:

casi lea said...

can we go back in time and swap christmases?