I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Evening, Part I: Graham Cracker Houses!

So, we quickly ate Christmas "breakfast" and watched Chris open his birthday gifts. Our guests gave Caralie a beautiful, new Barbie doll - so sweet!

The latest addition to our family.


We quickly set up the "workshop" to make our graham cracker houses. This is serious business, people. We even use glue guns to make the houses!


Caralie wanted a princess castle, so after an hour of grueling cutting and gluing, this is what I created for her. Complete with candy cane drawbridge and turrets! It's the same in the back, minus the drawbridge.


Once the castle was built, Caralie got busy decorating.


Grammy got down and dirty making her house with Celisse.


Oh, and yes, Caralie was in her graham-cracker-house-decorating uniform: a blue and purple tutu.


Caralie learned the hard way that you need to keep the icing bag twisted to prevent a blowout.


No prob.


Chad working hard at his ... something.


Uncle Clint was rather fastidious with his creation as well.


Our youngest guest, Rebecca, made the cutest little puppies to roam the yard of her graham cracker house.


Here is her completed masterpiece - so cute!


Caralie took a break from decorating to try on the Christmas Sweater. Celisse brought this lovely confection and everyone took a turn wearing it. Except me ... I somehow escaped.


Once she was finished with her castle, Caralie helped Daddy decorate his ... thing.


We still don't know what it is exactly, but it's gorgeous!


Celisse and Grammy's creation. Very cute!


Caralie's "Sugar Plum Castle."


Clint's 70's contemporary, complete with tile roof and flagstone drive.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I LOVE these! We were actually going to make them too, but ran out of time. I even had all the preparations and everything. We just may have to make New Year's graham cracker houses!

Vic and Marion said...

Those are AWESOME! Last year my oldest brother got into it the most, WEIRD, cause he is the least person we expected to take it so seriously!

Kay said...

I've never seen such amazing creations-- ours come via the Elves and they are always in kits from Trader Joes and Michaels..... Perhaps you can come to GA next year and lead a Guzowski Graham Cracker Gingerbread House Extravaganza for us.....