I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Confessions of a Rotten Mother

So I have become something I used to despise: a neglectful mom.

No, I didn't starve my child to death. No, I didn't send her out in the cold in flip flops. No, I didn't refuse love and affection.

I simply didn't decorate for Christmas.

My mom-in-law is the uber Christmas decorator and had all her stuff up by Dec. 1st. So half of the house is reveling in the Christmas spirit. Our half, on the other hand, is feeling spartan ... an homage to Ebenezer Scrooge and death and decay (well, the last part is because of the garbage can).

Poor little Caralie. She deserves better. Trust me, I'm full of guilt. I just didn't feel like it! I'm not a total scrooge. I've been listening to Christmas music, making massive quantities of sugar-laden treats, shopping for others (gasp) ... But I never got around to decorating.

Until I finally caved. Yesterday. Two days before Christmas. I'm going to rot in hell.

We resurrected the inflatable snow globe (complete with a #$%@ motion sensor that blasts chirpy music at you as you pass by).


And the stinkin' cute Fisher-Price nativity.


Chad put up our massive 4 ft. pre-lit tree.


Caralie helped put the ornaments on.


The finished product.
Can you guess where Caralie's eye level rests?


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Very cute! I'm glad Santa had somewhere to leave presents for Caralie! ;)