I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I can't believe it

my daughter is a spoiled brat!

I brought this home as a surprise for her:

It's a Disney Princess poster. I wanted her to have something cute and pretty to cover up the back of a bookshelf by her bed. You know what she said to me?

"Mommy, you need to take this back to the store and get me a better surprise."

**insert sudden intake of breath and mouth agape here**

"Excuse me, Caralie, but did I hear you right? You want me to TAKE THIS BACK?"

"Yes. I don't want it."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want Princess paper, I want Princess toys."

This is where I almost passed out from my child's greed. What have I done? Where did I go wrong? Suffice it to say we will be having A LOT of discussions about greed. I already told her that if she wants presents this Christmas her attitude must make some drastic reversals. I don't need such sass from someone who still wets the bed!

Time to do some service for others. Thank you Christmas!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That cracks me up. I somehow feel I may have that same thing coming to me with Allison in the future!

The Muries said...

Wow! I feel for you. It seems like my kids got the gimmes but I always say ask Santa, then add but remember just because you ask doesn't mean you will get it.

Vic and Marion said...

Gotta love your kids!!