I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's Up, Doc?

Today was Caralie's 5-year well-child check-up. Her pediatrician is located in an office complex that feels like a village in Tuscany:

So I like to go to the doctor because it's a little Italian gem in the middle of the desert. Caralie doesn't share my enthusiasm. She had a cow this morning and it took multiple threats to get her little heiny in the car and then out of the car.

Once inside, however, she was just fine. They have a salt water aquarium:


And a terrarium:


Resident #1 likes to keep one foot in his salad:

He was in that position when we arrived and when we left.

Resident #2 ... where are you, #2?

#2 likes to blend in. "Maybe those scary, snotty children won't see me if I hold reeeeeeally still..."

Caralie got measured and weighed before seeing the doctor. Her stats came as no surprise. She weighs 44 1/2 lbs (75th percentile) and is 46 1/2 inches tall (97th percentile).

She survived her exam and breathed a sigh of relief when the doctor announced "No shots today. Not until you're eleven."

With that kind of luck, she decided to make a wish in the fountain:


We drove the 2 extra miles it takes to get to the outlet mall and hit Gymboree. That store is dangerous. Heather, I wish I knew if you were having a girl or a boy! I saw the cutest baby clothes lines today!!!! Strawberries:


And violets:

The pictures don't do them justice. Cute, cute, cute. I was dying. DYING!

We didn't come home empty handed. Caralie got a swim suit:

On sale it cost less than the suits at Target and Wal-mart that suck. If I see one more SpongeBob or Hanna Montana I may poke my eyes out.

Bless you, Gymboree!

2 comments:

Dave & Heather said...

Isn't she tall enough to ride the rides at Six Flags now? At FIVE!

I wish I knew what I was having too...all the winter stuff is on clearance and I don't know whether to go pink or blue. Well, I'd much rather go purple or blue...well, I dunno. We'll see. It's SO HARD!

Wendy said...

Very cute swimsuit! She is going to be one stylin' little girl at the pool!