I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hau'oli la hanau!

This afternoon we attended a birthday party for little cousin Lyndi who turned 1 year old. Her mom, Kim, grew up in Hawaii and decided to throw a luau!

Caralie got into the aloha spirit:


They had a bounce house where Caralie spent the majority of her time:


She did take a break for a snow cone:

"No paparazzi, please!"

Everyone stopped to sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl:


Who thoroughly enjoyed her cake:


The kids had some yummy cupcakes:



Then it was back to the bouncy house:


The hazards of bouncing with multiple leis:


Chad enjoyed the snow cones the most:


The Birthday Girl opened her presents. She wanted to play with each thing individually and had to be redirected to the next gift:


The wind was blowing like crazy, as you can see from this shot:

I swear I don't wear '80's bangs!!

Chad and Kendall enjoyed showing off each other's soccer skills:


While Randy slaved away making snow for the snow cones:


Here's a pic of mom and baby:


Happy Birthday, Lyndi!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I LOVE the hair Chanelle! (Way to go, blaming it on the wind and all!) ;)
The picture of Caralie and the snow cone is priceless!

And you know I'm just kidding...you are beautiful! (Even with 80's hair!)

lisakh said...

The skirtish thingy Caralie is wearing... I remember using that thing! My my how time flies!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Tutu made it for me when I was a kid.

Kim said...

Thanks for posting pics of the party. I haven't even looked at any of my pictures yet! One more birthday next week, then I'm off until the end of June! I'm glad you guys could come, thanks for spending the day with us.