I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, April 24, 2009

Two Great Recipes

It's been a while since I've posted some recipes and I know you all are devastated. So, to make up for it I'm posting TWO new recipes that have earned great reviews from family and Hubby's coworkers.

First on the list is a dish I made for dinner last night:

ANGEL CHICKEN PASTA

3-4 cups cooked diced or shredded chicken
1/4 cup butter
.7 oz package Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. milk
8 oz. cream cheese with chives, cubed*
1 lb. angel hair pasta (or spaghetti)
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken in bottom of large casserole dish. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in Italian dressing mix, soups, broth, and milk and bring to a boil. Add cream cheese and stir just until melted. Pour sauce over chicken in casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.

While sauce is baking, prepare pasta according to package directions. Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.

*You could also use regular cream cheese and add 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh or dried chives.


This next recipe is not like a fluffy buttermilk pancake, but is dense and almost custard-like. It expands up the sides of the baking dish, making this a fun recipe to make with kids.

GERMAN PANCAKE

1/4 cup butter, melted
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread melted butter in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and pulse until well mixed (you may need to scrape the sides of the blender with a rubber spatula to get all of the flour mixed in). Pour batter into 9x13 and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The pasta sounds yummy, I will definetly have to try that. I tried a similar version in the crock pot but it turned out kinda dry. I'll let you know if the family gives it the okay!

Hemi426 said...

It's a 10 on a scale 1-10!