I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boo-boo

So last night I went to bed with the vestiges of zit crowning on my right cheek. I will be turning 30 at the end of this month. I'm not supposed to have this problem anymore. What the heck?

Anyway, I wake up not with a mini Mount Fuji but a bloody crater in my face. Apparently in my sleep I scratched the bugger and removed not only the offending blob but some healthy tissue as well. Mental note: next time don't forget to file after trimming my nails...

But this post is actually not about the wound. Rifling through my 'first aid' bin I find two boxes of band-aids. One is your average, run-of-the-mill skin-tone and the other is Barbie. What to do?


Yes, I chose Barbie. Why? I'm still trying to figure that out. Well, for one thing, the flesh-tone bandages were about twice the size of the Barbie one but still would have been less conspicuous.

Am I going for sympathy? A noticeable bandage will certainly draw a crowd.

Am I regressing? Life is so stressful and depressing, bringing out my inner child might cheer me up.

Mostly it comes down to the simple fact that it was pink and I liked it so I put it on. But it still made me wonder...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Even with a pink Barbie band-aid on your face, that's a SUPER cute picture of you! Your bangs looks great! And your face looks pristine compared to mine. It usually clears up with pregnancy for me; I don't know what's up!

lisakh said...

Amen to the cute picture.
I would have picked Barbie too. No boring brown here! I actually think the pink blends in with our skin tone more than brown anyways.... haha

Btw, you look like a cute, white chick version of Nelly. Get yo' gangsta on.

Vic and Marion said...

I LOVE THE PIC! You can always bring a smile to my face. I sure miss ya girl!

By the way read my latest blog entry...can you picture me as a biker babe with complete chaps, leather jacket, and yes I wore a Do-rag under my helmet...sorry no pics...yet!