
Once inside I gave her a good look over and discovered that the rash was on her arms, legs, and face:

It wasn't bumpy or itchy and she didn't complain so I figured I'd wait it out (it was Saturday after all). By Sunday morning it hadn't disappeared and was darker on her face. Off to urgent care we went.
It was pretty much a mystery diagnosis. Since she had had the sniffles for a good month and her snot was turning green, the doctor prescribed some antibiotics. As for the rash, he said it could be one of two things: a viral infection or an allergic reaction. Either way she wasn't contagious to anyone else and needed to take a steroid.
I cannot for the life of me think of anything that she could have had an allergic reaction to! I haven't changed my laundry detergent or fabric softener. She hasn't eaten anything new (other than jelly beans). She hasn't played anywhere that might have been treated with chemicals. So I'm assuming this is viral.
In the meantime I have to be careful around my kid because of the 'roids. The first day she was on it she got moody. Everything bothered her and she even had a few bursts of "'roid rage." Good thing she's not trying out for the Major Leagues!
3 comments:
hmmm Caralie roid rage. that sounds like fun..
does that involve foaming at the mouth?
or is she past that stage?
Man, remember when we were leaving Moe's and she didn't want to leave because she had made a friend? Holy $@%#&!! That was freakin' scary.
How long is she on the 'roids? Should be a fun ride!
Also, that looks like the same rash I get when I come in contact with bleach. Or Tide. Only mine itches like the devil.
Post a Comment