I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

Why I Love Spring

This is the one time of year that the ugliest armpit in the neighborhood becomes the most beautiful yard:

Cindy tells me these are called African daisies.

They can be seen everywhere this time of year.

Even in an armpit.

Don't you just feel happy looking at these buggers? I purposely took my camera on a walk with Chad and Caralie this afternoon to get some shots of these little beauties. I even convinced Caralie to pose with them:

And she gave me one as a token of her love and affection:

Actually, I picked it myself and suggested she give it to me. I'm needy like that.

But she caught on quick and added this little lovey:

These were also to be found in the weed-infested gravel pit of a yard:

There is probably a serious metaphor and lesson to be learned here, but I'll think about it later.

I'm deep like that.

By the way ...


Anyone need some grapefruit?

2 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

Love those pictures and yes, I totally need some grapefruit!!

Wendy said...

The picture of you and Carlie is beautiful! It needs to be framed!
Thanks for the "sunny" post. It was nice to see on a rainy Georgia day! :)