Today as Chad was driving to a basketball game that he was officiating, he was in a head-on collision with another driver. He went through a yellow light and the little old lady facing the opposite direction turned left, crashing right into him. Her car spun around about 180 degrees and Chad careened into a nearby SUV stopped at the stoplight.
Chad's parents, Caralie, and I arrived at the scene about 20 minutes later. The first thing I saw was two firetrucks and an ambulance. Then I saw his car:


As you can imagine I was a little freaked out. But then I saw Chad and he was okay. He was sitting on the sidewalk being evaluated by a paramedic. He had his left hand bandaged and a few cuts and bruises and burns from the airbag, but was able to walk and talk just fine.
Can I just tell you how lucky we are? After seeing those photos, can you believe he emerged relatively unscathed? I am thanking my Heavenly Father for protecting him. What a nightmare this could have been.
I took Chad to the ER and 4 hours later we left with a prescription for ibuprofen. That's it. How LUCKY is that?!
While we were gone, Caralie made a card for her daddy. This is what it said:

By the time we got home (after a trip to the police station downtown to retrieve Chad's license that the officer forgot to give back) it was late and she was already in bed. So tomorrow I get to break the news to her that the car will not get fixed.
But who cares?
My husband and the father of my child is alive and well. I'm not asking for anything more.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

5 comments:
I am thankful for you too Chanelle! Things like that definitely make you grateful for what you have! Nothing like a car crash to give a little perspective to life. I'm so glad that he is okay!
What's that saying "When it rains, it pours"? I am thankful, for you too. Life has a funny way of playing out. I'll continue keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was something I could do for you, if you can think of it let me know. Love you cuz.
I am so glad that he is okay. How scarey for you. Sorry about his car but atleast he is fine.
Your family is blessed. Happy to know your fmaily is together and well.
Wow, I'm glad everything is okay. Caralie's little letter is so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes! What a super little girl she is.
Post a Comment