I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

For Real?

Yesterday was the start of 80 degree days. Caralie whined and begged to be allowed to soak her feet in the pool. Chad was the first to give in. He set up the umbrella so she wouldn't get sunburned. She pulled up her long knit pants, sat at the edge of the pool, and dangled her feet in the cold water.

By the time I came out 15 minutes later, she was antsy to get more than her feet wet. She begged to get in her swim suit and swim (hello?! It's still in the 50's at night!) I told her if she pulled her pants all the way up she could wade in the shallow end.

So she did:


But then this happened:


An that's water, not the other thing. Sorry to scare you like that.

This was our solution:



Sorry for that, too.

Oh, and I should keep you posted on our little herb greenhouse. This is what it's looking like now:


Apparently the parsley and rosemary are slow sprouters. I'm most excited about the basil. Have I mentioned how much I love fresh basil? It still blows my mind that those teeny seeds turn into these teeny sprouts and then turn into full-blown plants.

I think I need to plant a $20.

No comments: