The extended family party was this afternoon. Chad had already refereed 3 basketball games and so he took a nap in the car on the way over. Caralie massaged his head and ears while he rested. Again, we should all have it so good.
At the party, Caralie had a grand old time in the backyard with the other kids. She got on a big trampoline for the first time in her life and struggled staying upright. Her daddy, however, was putting on his macho and did a bunch of back-flips. That will hurt in the morning!
She did take a moment to rest on the hammock. I'm sad to say that when she invited me to join her my weight sank the hammock to the ground. I was dis-invited after that.
The house was well-equipped for kids - this is the playroom that Caralie enjoyed with a few of her cousins.
Everybody sang "Happy Birthday" to her. You'll notice by the look on her face, she's a little nervous about being the center of attention for so many people.
Here she is about to open her gifts. Everyone was so kind and generous with her. Thanks everybody for the great gifts!Later in the day Chad took her to the dollar theater to see the movie Bedtime Stories. Caralie's favorite part apparently has something to do with a flatulent guinea pig. Big surprise.
We ate dinner, or should I say breakfast?, at IHOP. Here is Caralie's Create-a-Face pancake, complete with strawberry yogurt "hair." Mmm, delicious.
After taking a bath with her new Princess Fizzie Wand she received today, Caralie finally tucked in for the night. On the right you will see the latest addition to our family, the fluffy puppy "Madison." Aunt Karen thought the excessive fur might slow the progression of SAL. I wish Madison luck. Meanwhile, I've got the vacuum cleaner on high alert.
1 comment:
The last part about SAL is hillarious! I was thinking of that even before reading your comment after the picture. That poor little puppy doesn't know what's in store! haha It's great that Caralie loves her animals so intently!
Post a Comment