On top of the giant baseball glove.She likes to jump down from the baseball and announce, "I didn't break any legs or bones!"
Striking a pose on the hound dog slide.Caralie likes to set a good example for the other kids and go down head first. I'm surprised more parents haven't given me the stink eye.
Now typically I save the playground for last so that I have the upper hand. You would think a kid would be happy to be shopping for stuff for her, but that is not always the case. Most of the time I get a lot of:
"This is so boring."
"That's ugly. I won't wear that."
"I'm tired of walking!"
"I don't want to shop ever again."
"I want dessert. Can I have dessert?"
At which point I threaten, "oh, I guess we're not going to the playground after all."
"Playground!!!"
"Okay. Then be _____ (insert 'patient,' 'nice,' 'a good listener', 'happy')"
Now typically I save the playground for last so that I have the upper hand. You would think a kid would be happy to be shopping for stuff for her, but that is not always the case. Most of the time I get a lot of:
"This is so boring."
"That's ugly. I won't wear that."
"I'm tired of walking!"
"I don't want to shop ever again."
"I want dessert. Can I have dessert?"
At which point I threaten, "oh, I guess we're not going to the playground after all."
"Playground!!!"
"Okay. Then be _____ (insert 'patient,' 'nice,' 'a good listener', 'happy')"


1 comment:
It cracks me up how Caralie tells you something is ugly or she won't wear it. It's crazy how little girls get picky about their clothes so early! Allison ALREADY refuses to remove any article of clothing that is a favorite. I NEVER had this issue with Tyler.
I love the little dress Caralie is wearing on your shopping trip that day! She's so cute!
Post a Comment