Ugh.
I'm too old for this.
Chad planned a fun evening for me to keep my mind off my mortality.
I wore black.
He first took me to L&L Hawaiian Barbecue to start an evening of reminiscing about our time in Hawaii. I love their macaroni salad and I am not a macaroni salad person. He even bought me a six-pack of Hawaiian Sun guava juice - what a sweetie.
Next on the list was Yogurtland in Tempe. We had frequented the one by the University of Hawaii and Chad was ecstatic when they built one here. They let you have as much frozen yogurt or toppings as you want - you pay by the ounce.
After stuffing ourselves with vitamins and anti-oxidants, Chad surprised me by taking me to Dave & Busters. At first I was incredulous ... whose birthday was this? But I had fun and enjoyed myself. Until Chad made me play a virtual boxing game.

It started out fun until I started winning and had to keep up the pace. My decrepit old body was not happy with the exertion. I have skinny little wimpo arms and struggled with the heavy gloves:
Dave & Busters is located in Tempe Marketplace and I suggested we try to catch a movie. When we walked over to the theater, we noticed something was awry. There was security everywhere and no one was in line to buy tickets.
Then it hit me. The world premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was actually taking place in that theater at that moment! I was no less than 30 yards from Hugh Jackman! There was several feet of concrete between us, but he was there! And I missed him!

Chad and I had completely spaced out that the premiere was happening that night. We could have seen the stars walking on the red carpet and everything!
Instead Chad took a photo of me hamming it up on the red carpet. I actually stood where Hugh Jackman had stood! Hot, hot, hot Hugh Jackman!
Hugh, baby, I wouldn't have missed you for the world! Please forgive me! Please send my husband a copy of your workout routine so he can sort of look like you and I can stop my slow progression to hell from lusting after you. Sigh. You are so freakin' hot. And tall. I love you.Oh, and I do love my husband, by the way. He might not believe that after this post.

9 comments:
I was just thinking last night, "man, Chanelle hasn't done a post in like a week!" Like I'm one to talk, but you know! :)
Anyway, I'm glad you had a good birthday celebration. I love the picture of you on the red carpet! So cool! And your bag even matches!
I am sorry you missed Hugh. That is a really really big bummer for you! Dang! Anyways I am glad you had a good birthday.
Ok, I don't know what was funnier...you boxing or Chad laughing in the background. HA!! Glad you had fun, and SO sorry to hear you missed Hugh! We were going to go, but decided not to fight the crowd with Rocklin in tow. Happy (belated) Birthday!
Darn. I'd hoped you would have met Hugh Jackman and then Chad would have a video of you fangirling all over him. That would have made my day!
btw, I love that you actually ducked to miss the imaginary punches from the imaginary boxer. too cute.
You should totally get a Wii. Boxing will wear you out!
And I agree with Lisa...I think the ducking from the blows was classic. That's my sis!
The red carpet was totally cool-- I mean it was a REAL red carpet!! And Hugh was there just a mere moment before you! Hey can he send the workout routine to John, too? (I think I'm safe as I doubt he checks the blogs, much less the comment section!)
I was ducking the blows because there is a motion sensor on the game and if you don't duck you get "hit." So I'm not a total dork. Not really. And my word verification is snobaphu. THAT'S funny.
you are a nut! i will be in the 30 club with you really soon. Happy late birthday, by the way! You look really good for such an old lady!
Post a Comment