When I arrived to pick her up, everyone was sitting on Miss Kara's porch:

She gave each child a customized workbook for them to practice writing their name and letters, a certificate of graduation with a coupon for a free kids meal at Souper! Salad!, and a bag of goodies including candy and bubbles:

And here is the class of 2009:
L-R: Carson, Camden, McKay, Kelby, Cade, Miss Kara, Cassidy, Kavai (sp?), Breck, Conner, and Caralie.And here is Caralie with her wonderful teacher:
Miss Kara lamented, "You'd think I'd know by now to wear make-up on the last day!" Don't worry, Miss Kara, we think you are lovely au natural.And here is Caralie with her booty:

To celebrate we went to Sonic for some Tots and Cream Slushes:

I had grape and Caralie had blue coconut:

Caralie is very depressed that preschool is over. To be honest, I am too. It's the end of an era.
She has told me that she doesn't want to go to kindergarten because it will be new people (kids), a new teacher, a new classroom, and a new building. She likes her preschool kids, her preschool teacher, and her preschool classroom. So I have a few months to convince her (and myself) that kindergarten is not going to be awful, but fun. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
What a fun day! I remember feeling the same way Caralie does when preschool ended for me. It may be sad for a while, but she will fall in love with her Kindergarten teacher and class in just the same way. And besides...Kindergarten has the best teachers ever, beacause I said so! ;)
Post a Comment