When Caralie and Chad returned from church she had this wonderful present for me:

The Primary had an activity on Saturday and the kids made shrinky-dink necklaces for their moms. Chad was there to help his class (yay! I didn't have to get up "early" on a Saturday to take her!) and assisted Caralie by writing the lovely sentiment above. She drew a picture of me and her (I'm the green one, of course). I will be wearing this to all the hot-spots; namely the grocery store and the indoor playground at the mall. All the other moms will be jealous.
Caralie also serenaded me with her rendition of "Mother I Love You" which melted my cold, dead heart. How are we moms really expected to survive so much sweetness?
My "doctor" searched in vain for her baby doll medical kit and had to satisfy her need to take care of her sick mommy by scratching my back. I didn't mind one bit. Except when she climbed all over me getting onto the bed. "Sorry Mommy! I didn't mean to step on you on Mother's Day!"
I slept most of the day away, which is probably how I would have wanted to celebrate anyway... But Celisse came over and made dinner and dessert, which tasted delicious not only because she is a good cook but because I didn't have to make it. Thank you awesome sister-in-law!
Chad got me flowers:

Caralie got me a one-way ticket to hell:
My in-laws got me nothing but trouble:
And my parents got me bling:
And when Caralie was getting ready for bed she let one rip and announced, "I've been doing that all Mother's Day!"
Hope you enjoyed your day!
4 comments:
Just had to say...The Bert Show here in atlanta (radio show) had Hugh Jackman on Friday morning - and he is the funniest, nicest, totally awesomest celebrity! I didn't realize he was so cool - hot, yes - but cool? Wish you could have ogled him from the red carpet! He says he gives his autograph to anyone who asks. Swoon.
And did you like Australia? I've heard mixed reviews - I want to see it but not if it's poop.
And...Happy Mother's day!
It's definitely not Oscar worthy and I like it mostly for the Hugh factor so I recommend you see it and judge it for yourself. I think the kid steals the show.
And, yes, I knew that Hugh was such an amazing person - hence the sex appeal! He is freakin' hot, tall, he can sing, he can dance, and he's a WONDERFUL human being as well!
He and his wife adopted two mixed race children because that was where the need was. He calls his 10 year marriage a "mad love affair." He's big into charity. Are you in love with him yet? Sigh.
Caralie cracks me up! I'm glad she, and everyone else, took such great care of you on Mother's Day. You got some great stuff!
That was funny - thank goodness Caralie has a mom with such a good sense of humor. Feel better soon!
Post a Comment