I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finished!

As much as I love this shirt (it's so darn cute!), I will never make one with so many little pieces again. Unless I freezer paper stencil the leaves and birds as well. It took me several hours to hand-stitch each leaf and bird in place. Chad rightly commented that, with labor included, this shirt would cost about $100.

Here's the before:

And here's the after:

A little closer:
You will see that my stitching leaves a little to be desired, but I was quickly losing patience with this thing and just wanted to get it done.

Chad and my mom-in-law like it better with the stitching. I like it better without. It does have more dimension now, but I think it looks less ... I don't know ... smooth. Whatever. Live and learn, right?

What do you think?

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the stitching around it. It should last forever too.(No falling leaves or birdies.)

Marissa Marie said...

I like the stitching. It's great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are talented and PATIENT! That must have taken forever. Caralie is one lucky little lady!

CindyC.wannabequilter said...

I'm sure that you are just tired of looking at it after all the time you spent working on it. Put some time and distance between you and it and I think you will like it better. Right now you can see what you perceive to be flaws that the rest of us don't see!

The Muries said...

I think you did a great job! I am sure it took FOREVER but it looks wonderful. You make me look like a crappy mom. :)

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Hey, I only have one kid so I'm barely even a parent. I have more respect for you mommies with 2,3,4,5 kids! I wouldn't be able to do this stuff if I had a child or two at home all day.

Thanks for the reassurance, though. I guess I am too close to tell.

Wendy said...

SUPER cute! It really looks great either way, but I definitely love it with the stitching! I want one for Allison so bad!