I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Friday, June 11, 2010

Swimming Lessons

So swimming lessons started the day after Memorial Day. As you can see, Caralie was more than ready to begin. I'm starting to think this kid's had too many photo opportunities. What do you think?

After talking with another mom, I learned of another pool that is only 3 minutes farther away than the one we've gone to for the last two years and it has LOTS more shade. Shade is a must for us parents who have to sit in the summer heat fully-clothed for 30 minutes while the kids cool off in the water. When we first arrived I was excited to see not only awnings over the bleachers, but a grassy area with large umbrellas to sit under!

I sit under the yellow umbrella on the right while Caralie's class is directly in front of me in the pool.

This time around Caralie's teacher was Miss Alex. She is a sweet girl and has been very patient with the class, which is all boys with the exception of Caralie.

They all have difficulty with the back stroke, so Miss Alex finally just took them out of the water and had them practice standing up:


Caralie was thrilled:


The pump in the pool broke on Wednesday so there was no class. To make up, we had class today. When we arrived, we were surprised (and might I say inappropriately delighted) to discover that Miss Alex was absent and Caralie had a substitute instructor:

Kyle. A.k.a. McHotty

Kyle sports 80's style Ray Bans and should never ever wear a swimshirt.




Towards the end he took the kids over to the dive pool to practice jumping in and swimming to the side:


Of course that is when he decided to hand out report cards and take off the aforementioned swimshirt:


Thank goodness my camera has 10x zoom.



Oh, Kyle, why do you do this to me?

He did finally walk by real close but Caralie was nowhere near him so breaking out the camera seemed a little excessive.

Now I shall prepare for the lecture on double standards that I will receive from my husband when he reads this post. Love you, Honey. Maybe you and Kyle should get together and work out? Hee hee.

I remember when I was a kid that I had a hot swim instructor named Greg that could've been Tom Selleck's younger brother. Of course I didn't think he was hot then. I was five. But what is interesting is that he is the only instructor I had that my mom took a picture of me with.

Mm hm.

So I come by it honestly, people.

Here's hoping Kyle is teaching Caralie's class next session!

A n y w a y..., I let Caralie pick a place to eat lunch and celebrate the end of her class. She chose "the panda store" a.k.a. Panda Express:


My fortune cookie told me, "You will enjoy a trip to Asia." I was expecting something more like, "You will enjoy a trip to hell for lusting after young eye candy," but Asia will do.

Love you, Honey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is your funniest post yet!

Wendy said...

Too funny, Chanelle!
Do you realize that there are 10 pictures of McHotty in this post alone? How many more are hiding out in your camera? haha ;)
Caralie is adorable in her trendy little swimsuit. I love the first picture of her. So cute!

lisakh said...

So, um, is McHottie single? Please keep in mind you have a very awesome, very SINGLE little sister just a state away. I'll drive down every weekend for him!

If he has a brain to match the bod, of course. I'm not THAT shallow....

That way you'd get to look at him every time the fam gets together and I'll try to ignore my sister lusting after my man. hahahaha

Vic and Marion said...

Thanks for sharing McHotty with the blog world there Chanelle! I am also curious as to Wendy's comment of how many pics are hiding on your camera...lol:) I was 8 when I took swimming lessons across the street from my grandparents and was totally in love with the instructor's son! Of course he's old now and is not so cute:(
I love Caralie's swimsuit! And she is a natural model with her picture taking!! Thanks for making me laugh another day!! Can always count on uplifting moments by Chanelle!!

Unknown said...

I guess this gives me full permission to check out women and if I feel daring enough, even photograph them!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

No one thinks you're funny.