I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stupid Stupid STUPID!!!!

This is me today:

Chad started working at "New Job" on April 26th. Technically, our insurance coverage (not COBRA) restarted that day too. We've been paying the premiums since that day. The benefits center assured him that we were covered.

I made a visit to an urgent care center on the first of May. I filled a few prescriptions. My husband got his cast off and had follow-ups with his orthopedic. I made another visit to urgent care (what a month!) and filled more prescriptions. I went to my doctor on June 15th. She gave me a new prescription. I planned to fill it when I was almost done with my old one.

I started getting calls around this time. First it was the urgent care facility. Then it was my doctor's office. Both had had their claims rejected for non-coverage. Um, what? I mean, we've been getting our prescriptions filled with no problem... We've been covered this entire time! If not by COBRA, then by regular insurance?

Nope.

Apparently the "people" at the benefits center made a mistake and didn't get us covered. Oops.

No problem, they'll just resubmit the paperwork and it will all be fine in 24 hours.

I go to fill out my new, seriously necessary prescription and ... no dice. No coverage.

Um, what?

Again the "people" at the benefits center made a mistake and submitted my husband as a single policy holder - no dependents. Oops.

No problem, they'll just resubmit the paperwork and it will all be fine in 24 hours.

That was a week ago.

Every time my husband contacts the "people" (I put that word in parentheses because I'm fully convinced they're actually monkeys) at the benefit center, they apologize and promise it will be fixed in 24 hours.

In the meantime I am without my seriously necessary prescription because it will cost me about $150 without the aforementioned insurance and that is a sum that we can't exactly cover right now.

And what if something significant happens like a broken bone or worse? We'll have to pay full-price out of pocket. Yes, they say they'll reimburse us later when all this #$%@ is resolved, but who says we have the money to cover it in the meantime? And do you know what it is like to file a claim? I'd rather eat staples.

I'm waiting to hear from my doctor's office to see if they have any free samples (you know, like Costco) of my medication to get me through until I can fill my prescription. I'm hoping they can look past the fact that my last visit wasn't "covered."

I mean, how hard is it?

INSURANCE: "Your benefits center has not updated your information. Sorry."

BENEFITS MONKEYS: "Your insurance won't accept your information for some reason. Sorry."

Here's an idea:

Why don't you guys frickin TALK TO EACH OTHER on the phone or whatever and fix this @#$%& problem before I go postal!


What the heck am I paying for?!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Insurance can definitely be a pain in the hiney! We have to submit claims for reimbursements on vision and perscriptions, so I know where you're coming from. And you know, I do think eating staples might be a bit more enjoyable! :)

{sue} said...

That is UNBELIEVEABLE!! I hope it's worked out soon and you aren't on the hook for any of those bills!

Stacie Cooper said...

Now you know what my life is like EVERY DAY! :) Hope it all worked out!