I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to Winter

This morning when I took Caralie to school it was 38 degrees outside. That's coming a long way from the mid-70's we were experiencing last week. I took a photo of the ice crystals on the roof of our car:

Don't they look cool? All feathery.

I would be remiss if I didn't also share a photo of the fantastic bouquet of lilies that Chad ordered for me for Valentine's Day. We celebrated it late (NBA Allstars, anyone? GRRRR) and since it was a holiday on Monday, they came on Tuesday. But I don't care.


They smell FANTASTIC! Nothing beats a lily for fragrance in my opinion.


Except maybe gardenias, but those are hard to come by. And they remind me of my Tutu and make me kinda sad.

So lilies it is! I never even thought about or appreciated them until Caralie was born. Chad's office sent a beautiful bouquet and it had the most fragrant lilies I'd ever experienced. It was a balm for a stressed out new mother, let me tell you! I would just sit next to that bouquet and breath deep while I fed my little baby.

So now lilies are my favorite flower. I always buy myself some Easter lilies when they come out in the spring. Heaven on a stem!

Oh, and remember those lovely herbs I planted last week? I checked on them this morning to see if they survived the night and they are still doing okay, thank goodness. Well, honestly, the basil is a little worse for wear and is mad at me right now for putting it in this position, but when the heat returns I'm sure we'll be friends again.

Now I'm going to finish my hot chocolate and catch up on my favorite blogs while simultaneously ignoring the increasing disorder and chaos of our little apartment.

2 comments:

The Coxclan said...

I love lilies too. Stargazers especially. What a nice hubby to buy you flowers. I think since my birthday is so close to valentine's I don't get much since I just got stuff 11 days before. I don't mind though someday I'll have him trained. :)

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I emailed him the link to order the flowers and not so subtly "suggested" he make the purchase... Going on 9 years and I'm still giving lessons!