I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Monday, September 28, 2009

Good Intentions - Rethought

So I went to Joann to look up apron and Barbie clothes patterns. I found something I liked for Caralie's apron from Simplicity, but it's going to take more fabric than I have of that cute lavender calico, so I'll have to do it in another fabric. But I'm okay with that. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I should make the apron out of heavier fabric in a darker color or busier pattern to hide food stains. Right? The only crappy thing is I missed the pattern sale so now I have at least another month to wait for another sale. Sorry, but I am NOT paying full price for a pattern. Even 40% off with a coupon. $1.99 or 99 cents, thank you.

As for the Barbie clothes, that was a downer. Nothing piqued my interest. Very few patterns and none of them were worth the money. I have decided that I will have to channel my inner teenager again and just make some from scratch. I used to make Barbie dresses for my sisters. You know. Back when I was young and foolish and had energy and patience. Well, maybe not patience.

So I started looking online for some inspiration and found this website. The woman started making Barbie clothes when she found some old ones her grandmother had made for her as a child. I'm thinking at the very least I can make stuff like this:



And I really like the nightgowns:



I'm not done doing my "research." But I did purchase a few things already:


The flash really washed out the colors, but whattaya gonna do? The pink on the right is flannel that will eventually make a night gown and maybe a pair of pants (gasp!) pajamas. I scored on the fabric on the left and the trims - all were on clearance: 50 cents a yard, woo hoo! So that cute calico stripe and ivory eyelet trim will eventually be a Barbie bedding set - quilt/comforter, shams, and maybe curtains (am I an idiot or what?), and the green and red will be made into dresses/clothes.


Yeah.


It's called denial and I bask in the warmth of it's sweet embrace.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

At least Caralie's Barbies will be modest! I think it's all such a cute idea...and I can't wait to see the finished products.