We were met by a frog at the door to her room:

And then we met Mrs. Haynie:

We love, love, love Mrs. Haynie! She is going to be a wonderful teacher for Caralie. She has the room all decorated and ready for learning:

We found Caralie's "desk" and discovered that she sits next to a boy from her Primary class.

One of her "assignments" was to color her "eyes" and add them to the chart:

Here's another shot of the room, looking towards the door:

They have 5 computers in her room, but Caralie was more excited that her class gets their very own bathroom!

Here she is pointing to her name on the classroom wall:

I'm thinking Mrs. Haynie likes frogs. There were frogs everywhere. Apparently the class will be growing a frog from a tadpole and may even hatch a baby chicken as well.
We took a quick tour of the Media Center and found where the kindergarten class sits for Story Time:

And we were pleased to be introduced to Bert and Ernie, the aquatic residents of the Media Center:

Bert is 9 years old and sprouted a giant tumor last year. Ernie is only 3 years old and is the smaller fish of the two.
Our next stop was the gymnasium/multi-purpose room where I signed up for the PTA and bought Caralie a school T-shirt. She doesn't like it and I don't blame her. It looks like a boy's fugly graphic tee. Not sure what they were thinking...? I'll have to take a photo of it some time so you can see what I mean.
Overall, the experience was great and I feel so much better knowing who's hands I am turning my child over to. I have a really good feeling about Mrs. Haynie and I know Caralie likes her already.
Of course I will still be a wuss on Wednesday morning...
3 comments:
I'm so glad she likes her teacher already. So exciting! I loved looking at these pictures. It ALMOST makes me want to be teaching again. :)
so exciting! ms. haynie looks bright and cheerful - exactly how a kindergarten teacher should be!
awwww. our baby is all growed up!
Post a Comment