I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm so frickin behind!

I don't know what it is but lately I just haven't felt like blogging. I think part of the problem is I'm so behind in the things I wanted to post. So today I'm going to hunker down and get this done so I can move on with my life.

Is frickin a bad word? I hope not cuz I like the sound of it... Frickin!

Anyhoo....

GEORGIA part I:

Caralie and Nani

As you know, Caralie and I ventured to Georgia in July to visit my family. We spent the first couple of days staying at my sister Heather's house because my Papa, who lives with my parents, was preparing to go on a trip and my mom had her hands full with him. But we did go out to eat with him before he left:


You will notice that they are wearing tissue paper "capes" from Caralie. She handed them out after Heather and Nani opened their gifts from me. First my mom's belated birthday present:


Boy was that fun to piece. And by fun I mean a nightmare. But I those colors!

And then Heather's baby gift:


I was worried that it was too bright and busy and looked like rainbow puke, but thankfully Heather likes it. Hope future baby Caleb likes it too! I backed it with Minkee so it would be super soft and could double as a lovey:


Caralie spent a morning doing a word search with Uncle Dave:


He is such a good sport and is always willing to play even if it's "girly." He'll be a good daddy.

Caralie also enjoyed "helping" Nani water her garden:


And what's that? Is that GREEN I see? You mean there is something out there besides brown gravel and sand? Georgia felt like the Garden of Eden to me, I swear. Clearly I'm still learning to appreciate the "beauty" of the desert.

I told Caralie to stand next to the mailbox so I could do a comparison photo. I have an old photo of her when she was about 16 months old:

Now...


...and then.

I was also excited to see that the rose bush my dad inherited from me is still blooming:


So pretty! Don't remember the name of it, but it is a tea rose so the blooms are only about 2 inches across. I just love the apricot color.

We missed Arizona so bad. Can't you tell?


Well, we missed the people in AZ.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I just always know I am going to laugh when I come to your blog, Chanelle. Rainbow puke...that's classic. I think the blanket is adorable too! And I bet your mom loves the bag. It's adorable!
I've totally gone through blogging slumps too. I think you brought up a very valid point...most of the time it's when I have way too much to catch up on too!
I'm glad you're back and can't wait to see the rest of your "catch-up" posts.

Carlia said...

you are one talented seamstress! awesome gifts!