
The wedding was held at the Solarium in Decatur, which is the site of the original Scottish Rite Children's Hospital:
It was beautiful and located near Fernbank Museum. Casi's brother Cain and his girlfriend Summer spent most of the day hanging up these awesome tissue flowers:
Nick and Casi both spearheaded the decorating:
Casi has past experience in the floral industry and new exactly what she wanted and how to get it/do it:
My family did whatever she she needed, from cutting up lemons:
To making centerpieces:
Poor Lisa got the short end of the stick and had to steam all the tablecloths, but eventually got to help with the decor:
Here's the almost-ready room:
And I just have to show you what the bride was wearing while spending hours setting up her wedding:
Dude, if I wore those I'd fall over and break a hip! She can rock them though.Since my nephew was in a happy mood and his little family was color-coordinated for the day, we went outside and took some quick photos:
He's a happy boy when you snort like a pig.Finally it was time for the ceremony. Unfortunately most of my photos are blurry and out of focus, but I have these two of Casi and Nick:

Woo hoo!!! The cutest couple ever!And here's their first dance (wearing leis my mom flew in from Hawaii - it's tradition!):
Caralie and Summer got down with their bad selves to the Black Eyed Peas and entertained everyone with their superior dancing skills:Then Nani took McNugget out for a spin. Of course his aunties couldn't resist his charms:
Here's a photo of me and Caralie in front of the beautiful arch Casi designed for the ceremony. I got to put the roses on!
And the happy couple, off to their honeymoon in the Dominican Republic:
I just want to say that we couldn't be happier with adding Casi to the family. When they were leaving, I told Casi that we were so excited because we knew "Nick couldn't do any better." Uh, that sounds really stupid, Chanelle. Open mouth, insert foot. What I meant, Casi, is that Nick couldn't have found a better match for him. You are so kind and funny, creative and beautiful. We are just as in love with you as he is. I wish we lived closer so we could spend a lot more time with you two. You are both so talented and intelligent and special. Thank you for letting us be a part of your amazing day.
5 comments:
I was hoping you would post pictures. Seems like all went well, congrats to nick and casi!
love the decorations. chanelle, you look stunning. cute cute cute picture of heather and her family. love the "mcnugget" nickname. congratulations to nick!
p.s. the quilt is beautiful. once you realize how much time and energy and patience goes into making something like that, you really and truly can appreciate it. good job you crafty lady you!
They had such unique and fun decorations. It looks like everthing turned out perfect! ALL of you are just so cute!
And yes, the quilt is beautiful!
i'm just seeing this blog and i have tears in my eyes. i'm so happy to be a part of your family (even though i have felt that way since the beginning, almost 6 and a half years ago). i couldn't have made it through all that decorating with out you guys. and the quilt is beautiful!!
love you!
Post a Comment