I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Latest Gift

Now that it's past her birthday, I can show you the bag I made for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Casi. I used Amy Butler's Birdie Sling pattern. This is a great pattern. Makes a big bag and looks pretty professional when you're done. And it's not too hard, although I still recommend it for intermediate sewers (or at least not-so-new beginners).

Here it is:




Isn't that cute? And it will hold lots of stuff! I want to make one for me, but without a deadline to hold to, it will never happen. Besides, I'm busy with other stuff.

Speaking of which, I'm meeting my new doctor today. I finally HAD IT with my last doctor, "Mr. Quack," and pursued a new primary care physician. THAT was fun, let me tell you. I had to call around 15 doctors listed as primary care physicians on my insurance's website before I found one that was:
  • actually a primary care physician and not a cardiologist or other specialist
  • actually taking my insurance
  • actually taking new patients
After I finish this post I will be typing up my list of ... well I don't want to say "complaints" ... just "things to work on." I've so had it with doctors that don't listen to me, patronize me, and don't do what is medically relevant or necessary (as in SENDING ME TO A PULMONOLOGIST WHEN I HAVE A PNEUMOTHORAX YOU STUPID @$$!!!!!)

Sorry. I'm just a little peeved. And bitter. There's even more to the story, but who wants it all over the internet?

Anyway, I'm going in with a hopeful heart that Dr. Barker actually paid attention in medical school and has ears that work and does not have a God-complex.

Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

CUTE bag! I'm sure your SIL loved it. And btw, Caralie looks SO grown up in the post below with the Christmas tree!! Good luck with the doctor...I hate dealing with doctors too.

Carlia said...

Love the bag! You find the cutest fabrics.