On Tuesday I planned to make sugar cookies with Caralie after I got back from my doctor's appointment, but after all the tests and the waiting for my prescription, it was too late. So I left the dough in the fridge.
On Wednesday we managed to make the cookies and they turned out great:

But we didn't have time to frost them.
So, finally, on Thursday we frosted the darn things:

Caralie is light on the frosting and heavy on the sprinkles:

And I am the opposite:

We took some cookies to one of Caralie's friend's family. On our way home (we walked) we ran into the missionaries and invited them in for some cookies. We sent them away with a plate for themselves and a plate for a family they were visiting later that evening. Then we made another plate to take to the family of our Relief Society president (whom I visit-teach and whose children are also friends with Caralie).
After all was said and done, we only had a few cookies left for ourselves. They went too fast.
Now we want more. But I'm timid about making them again after how long it took us the first time! Maybe this time I'll just roll the dough in a log and slice the cookies instead of messing with cookie cutters.
If you would like the recipe, you'll find it on my food blog here. I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
We usually try to decorate cookies for all the holidays, but I got burned out on it last year I think. I haven't felt motivated to make them at all!
They look so good, and so nice of you to share them. Love you!
Post a Comment